Thursday, August 20, 2009

THE lifestyle or the lifestyle???

I 'alarm' myself to post my blog... felt strange
Today during Ed Psy, the tutor told us that he ever heard a pastor saying that he would never trust that 'stupid box' and he did not allow himself or his family to watch TV!!!

what an extremist! Watching TV has become part of our lifestyle.

I reflect upon my life and ask myself, am I going to make blogging part of my lifestyle?

ICT has become part of our lifestyle nowadays.... so much so that there is some cant live without it, some make a fortune out of it, some commit crime through it, some was mesmerised by it...

I read two interesting articles in my paper this morning:
one article mentioned an Internet predator who lured young girls into meeting him by using money as bait. Then he rape them or film them in compromising positions. He was 26 years old when he was arrested.

another article talked about one in four debtors was aged below 30 and they cited gambling as a cause of their financial woes according to Credit Counselling Singapore (CCS). I would believe their gambling activities were mainly through internet.

I would say that ICT is part of my lifestyle, but it is not THE lifestyle to be.


Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing and perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment